Monday, November 8, 2010

"Daughter of God"





November 4, 2010

Mom and Dad,

I’ve had a great week. Jessica (2) was baptized on Halloween! She was the exact definition of “golden”. I’m so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of her life at such a special time.

Jessica (1) is still on date for this weekend to get baptized. She is ready. She doesn’t fully understand everything right now, but she doesn’t have to. She knows that she is a daughter of god and desires to follow Jesus Christ. She told us that the elders don’t really teach her anything and we are the only one who teaches her. I hope that’s not true, but I think we teach simply enough for her to understand. I’m grateful that I will have so many people to keep in contact with after my mission

I’m getting a cold and not feeling fantastic. We we’re talking to a man in the tabernacle. He was in his 70‘s. He was a member of the church but he asked a lot of random questions. After we had been talking for about ten minutes he asked me what was I doing about my cough. I told him I’m taking Dayquil. He said that treats the symptoms and asked what I was going to get rid of it. I told him I thought I probably had a virus so that’s all I could do for my cough. He then asked if he could smell my breath (Yes! Random!) I asked him what was his schooling and reasoning for wanting to do that. I have to admit, he caught me off guard. He told me he is in research medicine and if I had a bacteria infection it would have a certain smell. Well. I didn’t feel comfortable with him smelling my breath, but he said he works for the church. He told me if I don’t feel better in two weeks when the doctor visits the mission to be sure to make an appointment with him. He said he was going to call his boss to make sure that I am seen by the doctor. I told him I didn’t want my mission president to get mad at me for coughing around the guests. He said he would make sure I don’t get in trouble. So it was quite an interesting conversation.

The work is eventful; needless to say I’m loving it and having fun. Heavenly Father is wonderful for keeping it exciting. It keeps me working hard and staying focused! I’m excited to see you soon! I love you so much!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers