Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 26, 2010

Mom & Dad,

Happy thanksgiving! I hope you had a fun one at grandma and grandpa's house. Did you eat a lot? My Thanksgiving was good. We went to the same place as last year. We got to watch Toy Story 3. The food was catered by the same place and I'm not sure if we ate ham or turkey this year again. I am really looking forward to a real Thanksgiving dinner.

We had three weird days this week. On Tuesday, there was supposed to be a huge blizzard coming our way, so we were all sent home at 1pm. We went to our friend's house (Sister Gilbert and Sister Williams) and hung out with them. The first thing we did was put a pizza in the oven and then we built a fort. While the pizza baked, Sis Williams made smoothies and then we drank the smoothies and ate the pizza inside the fort. We all told stories in the fort and listened to music. After a couple of hours of eating and talking we were all tired, so we took an hour nap in our fort. When we woke up everything outside was white! It reminded us of Christmas, so we turned the lights on the little Christmas tree and played Christmas music while we made cookies and hot chocolate. After that we bundled up and went outside to play in the snow for a few minutes. When we were too cold we went back inside dried off and got back inside the fort. We told more stories and played a couple games. We were the most envied room on the 2nd floor. :) Lots of sisters kept stopping by to come in our fort. We were home by 8pm to plan for the next day and then the fun was over for the night.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, so we were off the Square by noon. President ordered a charter bus to drive us so he wouldn't worry about us getting into an accident. There were a lot of fun things to do. We had karaoke, pool, ping-pong, wally-ball, arcade games, movies, more games and lots of fun! We all had a great time and loved watching Toy Story 3. We were home by 8pm and so tired, we went to bed at 9pm.

Friday was preparation day (p-day). We now have morning p-days, so it's a little weird. We had a meeting at 8am and then choir rehearsal at 9. Afterwards we went to Denny’s with our "fort-buddies" around 10am. I ordered biscuits and gravy, hash-browns and bacon. Yum! Then we braved Wal-Mart on BLACK FRIDAY! It actually wasn’t that bad. We only had to get a couple of things, so it was ok. The Temple Square lights come on tonight! It should be crazier than Wal-Mart! Tomorrow we have our first choir performance, wish me luck! Sunday I'm singing with Sister Despain in church. We are singing "In Humility Our Savior". We couldn't find an accompanist, so it will be acappella. Again, wish me luck! Then on Monday I will be singing a special musical number on the Square. I'm singing "Winter Wonderland" and Sister Gilbert is accompanying me on guitar. We'll see how it goes.

This week has been good. The work has been slow, for oblivious reasons. I love my mission. The church is true! I love you so much! See you in a couple of weeks!

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment