Tuesday, October 6, 2009

V.I.P Tour

30 Sept 2009

Mommy,

I was so happy to email with you online today! I miss you! You made my day so much better! It was so cold today. We were walking home and it started snowing! It didn't stick or anything but still, it was cold!

Thank you so much for putting money into my account. It is so nice to have that extra little security. I bought a nice sweater that will keep me warm, but I didn't find any snow boots that I liked enough to spend $70.00 on! So I will keep looking. My companion said I can borrow a pair of her boots for conference this weekend if I need them.

The work has been good. We are always working but we aren't always seeing success. But we continue to work. I love being a missionary. It's amazing to testify of the truthfulness of this gospel and to have the spirit confirm it every time I do. I love being part of this work.

Sister Green and I are taking part in a V.I.P. tour next Wednesday. Basically, a bunch of people are coming from a country that doesn't allow missionaries to proselyte in their land. They're here to decide if that will change! So my companion and I were asked to take a group of them on a tour. The organizers said that Sis Green and I were one of the first chosen by the office sisters (they are the ones who make our schedules). So this is a pretty big responsibility. I will need your prayers.

This weekend is conference! I only get to go to one session, Sunday afternoon. During the other sessions I will be working on Temple Square. You will have to let me know how it is. I asked Steven to copy the talks onto a CD for me so I don't have to wait to read them in the November Ensign. Speaking of conference, wouldn't that be cool if I was in the Ensign!?! I think that's what all the Temple Square sisters hope for.

Well, I should get ready for bed. It's late. I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do for me. You are an amazing mom. You really are such a strong, spiritual woman. You are an amazing example to me. If it weren't for your incredible testimony. I wouldn't be here today. This church is absolutely true! Keep up the good work. Go to the temple often. I'm going tomorrow. I love you so much!

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers