Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Talents



November 21, 2009

Mom and Dad,

Hello! How are you doing? How’s work going? Today could be my last Saturday P-day for a while. Transfer calls are this Monday. I’ll find out what my fate is for the next six weeks. I’m excited/nervous. I wonder what’s going to happen.

Everything is going good right now. I was telling mom how I’m using my personality when I teach to avoid becoming a “robot”. This week we took a member family through God’s plan. They had three children CJ 7yrs-old, Katie 5yrs-old and Angie 3yrs-old. We finished the movie and I got up to testify. I started talking then Angie interrupted me. She said something then I said, “Oh, really?” then I continued and she interrupted me again. She showed me her new mini Book of Mormon. Her dad told her to be quiet and I realized I needed to focus on teaching the children. So I stopped trying to testify and started to talk with her. I asked what her name was and how old was she? Then I asked if she saw the temple. I told her that because of the temple she can be with her mommy and daddy and brother and sister forever. My companion kind of gave me a weird look because of the way I was talking to Angie, but Angie understood what I was saying. I was able to talk to the children and got down to their level so I could get to know them better. While I was building the relationship with the children I was also forming one with the parents. They were surprised that I remembered their children’s names when we said good bye.

I used my talents and built the relationship of trust. The parents referred a friend for us to call. I love how Heavenly Father knows us and loves us so much. He sent me to this mission for people who specifically need my personality. This church is true. It is Christ’s church and ran by revelation from God. I am so blessed to be a part of it!

I love you all so much! You’re in my prayers always!

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers