Saturday, February 13, 2010

"A Window To His Love"


February 12, 2010

Hey Family,

The Mission President called me into his office the other day to make sure everything was going good with me health wise. I really thought that meant I was going Outbound to another mission in the States for 3 to 4 transfers (4-6 months). But then he called in a bunch of other sisters, too. Some of them have already been Outbound, so I don't know what that means, or if it means anything.

I am actually feeling like I am going Outbound this transfer, but I'm not sure. I was in the celestial room of the temple and I felt the answer to my question was that I am going... but I don't know for sure. I don't want to get ready then not go and feel really stupid. I don't know if it's the Spirit or if it's just me wanting to go Outbound. If I do go I really hope I go for 3 transfers because then I will only come back for 4. That's less than how long I've been out already. I really hope I go somewhere warm, too!

Monday I will find out if and where I'm going. But if I go this week I will call from the airport on Wednesday. I am hoping for a layover so I have a lot of time to talk. It's pretty stressful with all this anxiety wondering if I'm going or not. I wish I knew when I was going and if I am, because it would be really nice to be able to pack everything today on my p-day.

But if I don't go I can't tell you until I have my next p-day, which could be a while. Well, actually I can just write it on the back of the envelope on the letter I’ll send out when I write you. But if I DO go outbound, I will call you from the airport. Can you put some money into my account in case I go Outbound and need to pay extra for my luggage or get food at the airport? I have a little money left from the gift card, but if I'm going Outbound I really want to go buy that cute coat that I wanted a couple of transfers ago. :)

Hey, tell Stacy to tell Keith that UC Santa Barbara is NOT a place to have a family. I went there one time for cheer camp and that is the LARGEST party school in California and WELL known for its drugs! Seriously, the beach is cold and ugly and the whole town is a hippie drug town. While we were there they were having tons of parties with drugs and alcohol and it is NOT a place to raise a sweet LDS family. Tell them I am serious. I love Keith so much and all he has to do is go to that school and realize that the spirit is nowhere near it. I thought about going there because they have a really good all girls cheer squad. But as soon as I was there I realized I would NEVER want to go to that school every day. And I’m sure he won’t either, especially since he will be spending so much time there at labs and doing other stuff. And I'm not only saying this because I don't want Stacy to move. I would have no problem visiting her wherever she moves to and it would be a lot of fun if it were in Southern California. But UCSB is not a place I would want to spend a weekend.

You asked about my health and I have discovered that I don't get as many stomach aches if I am constantly snacking on crackers or fruit snacks and stuff. But I don't think it's keeping me very skinny.

Yesterday, I sang for an event at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I sang “A Window to His Love.” I think that's what Stacy sang at her missionary farewell. I was pretty much part of the lunch entertainment. But it was pretty cool. It was all of the international people who do the lds.org websites from all over the world. Plus we got free food. There were three musical numbers and one of the sisters who is incredibly talented with voice and piano was in charge of picking the sisters to perform at the event and she picked me! I felt so special. My musical number when ok, but I discovered this beautiful arrangement of “Consider The Lilies” that another sister performed. I decided I really want Stacy to sing that for Easter. I will try to get her a copy.

Since there are too many sisters on the Square and not enough guests, we have been doing something new here. We get to attend two sessions in a row a couple times a week in the Salt Lake Temple. It is amazing to be in the temple for four hours at a time! Also, I don’t think I told you that I got to do service in the Temple a couple of weeks ago, I assisted in the cleaning of the Temple. It was amazing!

Please, tell Stacy I LOVED her Valentine’s Day package!!! She is so sweet. I am making a tape for her and I will record a lot so I will send it out soon. Her homemade caramel is fantastic!!!!! I have been sharing it with my companion and other sisters because it is sooo good and if I don't share it I will get fat. I’m eating one right now. It tastes just like the Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm caramel apples they sell in Wheatland. Now, I just need an apple.

I’ll close for now but will upload some new pictures right now. I have to figure out how to get the videos onto a CD because I am almost out of room on my memory card. If I go Outbound I am allowed to call from the airport, but sometimes we leave really early. I could call as early as 4am so keep the phone nearby.

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers