Monday, February 22, 2010

"Peace In This Life"


February 12, 2010

Mom & Dad,

Hey, I’m so happy I got to talk to you today online. I’m really anxious about transfers this week. I’m curious how outbound calls are going to be. I can’t believe this transfer is almost over already! Time flies by. I’ve had such a great time with my current companion. I’m sad it’s already transfers again.

I will probably find out if and where I’m going before I sent this letter out. When I find out I’ll write the new address on back of the envelope. But it kind of sounds like you already know where I’m going. You should have told me if I’m going to be warm or cold.

This week has been really good. We took a tour with one member, his very less active daughter, and her non-member friend. The spirit was very strong during the whole tour. When we invited the non-member to receive more information about the church. She referred for a Book of Mormon and all three visitors gave us two potential referrals (names of friends to contact). So far two of those six potentials referred, meaning they agreed to accept a Book of Mormon or receive a church video. I called the member to let him know his friend referred and he told me his daughter was very impressed by her visit to Temple Square and she seemed more open to the church.

Sister Cheng took her first “Motor Coach” tour on Wednesday. A Motor Coach is a tour with twenty or more people who come to Temple Square to walk around the grounds. This tour had 43 Mandarin speakers from Mainland China. If they refer we gave them a copy of the Book of Mormon in Chinese right then and there. We also save their information for when the mission opens there. On this Motor Coach tour 24 of the visitors received a Book of Mormon! China really is being prepared to receive the gospel in its country.

This church is true and it is for everyone! In the missionary manual “Preach My Gospel” it says, “You are surrounded by people…They want peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, but they are ‘kept from the truth because they know not where to find it.’ The gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through the prophet Joseph Smith will bless their families, meet their spiritual needs, and help them fulfil their deepest desires.” Before we came to earth everyone chose to follow the Savior. My role as a missionary is to remind people of this and to help them find peace in this life. I love being a missionary. This is Christ’s church on the earth today.

I’m so happy that through our Savior we can live with our Heavenly Father again. I’m grateful for the priesthood authority that binds our family together forever. I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do!

Love,

Sister Aubree Garbett

PS My new address is:
Sister Aubree Garbett
Baltimore Maryland Mission
4785 Dorsey Hall Drive Suite 105
Ellicott City, MD 21042

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers