Sunday, August 8, 2010

"A Successful Week!"


July 31, 2010

Mommy and Daddy,

Hello! This week has been fun! Monday we got to go to Cotton Wood Canyon. It was kind of weird because I went last year in my first transfer. I wore the same sweater that I did the year before. It was a lot of fun and I got a little bit of a tan. :~) Later that day we got back to the Square in perfect timing. We met a young couple at the stop light who were on a date. We showed them the new Temple Display in the South Visitor Center. We talked to them and invited them to refer a friend and we ended up getting seven potentials!!! It was great!

We got to work at Welfare Square the rest of the week except for Thursday because we went to the Humanitarian Center. We got at least one potential a day. There aren’t very many non-members who go to those venues. So we get to work a lot with the members, which I really like.

There weren’t very many super memorable experiences this week, but it was overall a successful week. I really love the work. We have transfer calls on Monday. It’s weird because if any sisters go outbound for three transfers I will be gone by the time they return. I’m feeling like my companion and I may be together this next transfer. That would be interesting, since I’ve never been with a companion for two transfers! I will wait to send this letter until after transfer calls and I will let you know what’s happening.

Anyway, the work is going well! I’m loving it here. I’m still learning and growing. I hope all is well at home. I love you!

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers