Monday, September 6, 2010

An Incredible Week!


September 2, 2010

Hey Family,

This week has been incredible!

During CHAT, we were teaching someone in Norway and he agreed to meet with the missionaries in his area. Now he has a baptismal date for October!!!! We only taught him twice! He was so prepared!

Then someone came on to CHAT with the name "Batman" He started by asking if I knew where Robin was. I told him, "Sorry, I don't, but is there anything we can help you with on this website?" He said, "How do I tell your superior you are totally awesome?" I said, "Well, God is my superior." Then he said, "How do I tell him?" I said, "Well, you can pray. He always listens." Then he said, "Can't I just e-mail him?" Ha! Ha! Ha! Man it was funny. Anyway I continued to talk to him and taught him about the Book of Mormon. We asked if we could teach him some more on another day. He said yes. Then he asked us, "Why am I here talking to you about God?" We told him that it was the spirit and he feels it while we are teaching him. He denied it, but he showed up to his appointment the next day. He doesn't really believe in God, but we are opening him up. By the end of that CHAT he was excited to pray and wants to receive answers. After explaining to him about God and how we lived with him and how we can become like him, he said. "If what you're saying is true, this God guy doesn't sound that bad." We have an appointment with him tomorrow! By the way, he is in Portugal!

Also, we just started teaching a man in England named Steven. HE IS GOLDEN!!!!! We taught him the restoration and everything clicked. When we told him about the vision Joseph Smith saw he said, "Wait, I thought God and Jesus Christ were the same person." We explained how Joseph Smith’s first vision clarified who God the Father and Jesus Christ are. They are one in purpose but two separate beings. Then he said, "I always thought that's how it should be. It never made sense to me that they were one." We gave him 1 Nephi chapter one to read and told him he could read more if he wanted. We talked to him this morning and he told us he read the whole book of 1Nephi plus all of the testimonies! We asked if he had prayed and he said yes and he received an answer and he KNOWS it is true! We taught him the plan of salvation up to our life on earth and everything clicked. We also taught him about the Word of Wisdom. He said he never knew it was bad to drink, but if God told Joseph Smith, then it is right, He committed to obey the Word of Wisdom. We have an appointment with him tomorrow and he can't wait! SO GOLDEN!!!

I absolutely love my companion. We get along so great and work so hard. I am praying that I will stay with her in CHAT next transfer. Keep that in your prayers too! We are having so much success. I told my companion today, I never want to go home, with all the success we are having!

I love everything about my mission right now! Heavenly father just loves me! But really, I think this is my favorite transfer so far. But I have less than 2 weeks left before transfers are here again and I’ve never served in the same area for two transfers. I'm not ready for a change! In my setting apart I was told I would see the results of my efforts! I have been waiting almost 15 months for that blessing to come to pass! It is so exciting!

I have to get off line now. We are going to a candy factory to see how candy is made! It will be fun! I will take lots of pictures! I love you all so much! I wish I could talk to you all day...in time I will. Weird! I love you! BYE!!!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers