Friday, July 17, 2009

MTC Referral Center (RC)


July 13, 2009


Hi Family,

I' m doing great at the MTC! I love it here and I have learned so much already. I can't believe I've been here for three weeks. I have had so many great experiences!

I went to the Referral Center (RC) today. That's where we call people who ordered movies and copies of the Book of Mormon from the church commercials. I called to confirm if a guy who had requested his Bible received it. He wasn't home, but I talked to his nanny. I told her I used to be a nanny and we ended up talking a lot. I asked her about her religion and she said she is christian. I asked if she had heard of the LDS church. She said she had but she didn't know very much about it. So I started talking to her about how God loves us and blesses us. I told her we believe in the Book of Mormon. I asked if we could send her a copy and she said yes! I also told her we had some representatives (missionaries) who could bring the book to her and share a message with her. I asked if I could send them, too, and she said yes!

I was so happy! I bore my testimony and told her how happy I was that she was going to meet with the missionaries. I know that the Lord needed me to make that phone call at that time. I know I'm suppose to be here! I don't know if I'll ever see the fruits of my labors while on my mission, but just planting a seed is satisfaction enough for me.

I know this is the only true gospel on the earth. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for us, not only for our sins. but also for our pains and afflictions. Because of this, we can turn to him for anything!

I love this church so much!

Please write and keep me updated on everything!

Love,


Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers