Sunday, August 2, 2009

P-Day at Temple Square




July 27, 2009


Mommy & Daddy,


I love you! Today is my first preparation day (p-day) at Temple Square! It was great! Busy, and yet relaxing. We worked on the Square from 10-1 then our p-day is from 1-9pm. So after working on the Square we went to Wal-Mart. I spent a lot of money because it is my first p-day and I had to stock up on everything.


This evening, I was making fried chicken strips for me to eat throughout the week and some of the sisters came over and wanted some. So I ended up making enough for them, too. One of the sisters made smoothies and my companion made rice. We all sat at the table and had dinner. It was pretty fun! But I ate too much and I feel kind of sick. There are a bunch of sisters in my living room right now, singing and talking. It’s fun at Temple Square. The sisters are real fun! I never thought I would have this much fun hanging out with a bunch of girls, but sometime they’re a blast!


Tomorrow we have this special outing where we get to go to Cotton Wood Canyon, which is where the pioneers went to get the granite to build the Salt Lake Temple. We were told to wear p-day clothes and that we might be getting wet…. So I’ll let you know what happened in my next letter.


So, I emailed you a bunch of pictures today. I hope you got them. I can upload pictures straight from my camera. So you’ll get all the pictures first.


I don’t know if you’ll get my letter before Brian and Rachel leave this weekend for Utah, but if you do, tell Brian if he wants a tour with me he needs to call mission services to find out which tours I’m scheduled to be on.


Well, I love you! I love being here. It’s amazing when you have a tour of seven people and you feel the sprit so strong as you’re giving the tour and afterward two people want the missionaries to visit them!!! That’s what happened yesterday! That kind of experience reminds me of why I’m here, to invite others to come unto Christ. It’s even better when they accept the invitation!


I know I’ve been the happiest on my mission when I’ve worked my butt off during the day and at night I fall right to sleep. The next morning I wake up renewed with the needed energy to do it all over again! I love this church! I love you! Thank you so much for the package! You’re the best!!!


Love,


Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers