Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Totally Worth It!


March 15, 2010

Mom & Dad,

Hey. Today is P-day again and I’m sad because I didn’t get to email back and forth with you very much today. This week has been interesting. We moved into a new apartment so I’ll wait until transfers, which is next week to give you my physical address. So continue to write to my mission address. Except for packages, if you send packages that would get here after next Wednesday just wait to send them until I give you my new address.

Right now, we don’t have very many investigators. The ones we thought were progressing all got “busy” so we aren’t teaching them any more. We had an appointment with this guy named Ron, but he has rescheduled twice. I’m not sure what’s going to happen with him. He says he has been reading the Book of Mormon, but it’s difficult for him because he grew up Catholic. I explained to him how we are just adding more truths to the things he already knows. I told him it was like he graduated high school and now he is going to college to learn more and to gain a better understanding. I encouraged him to continue to pray before he reads. I also told him not to get discouraged.

It’s really hard getting people to come to church, especially the ones who live up in Pennsylvania, because it takes them 45 minutes to get to church. We’ve been teaching a lot of less-actives. We taught a woman and her 20 year-old daughter. I honestly don’t know how they were ever baptized. We have been teaching them the missionary lessons and it’ like teaching investigators. We are trying to get them to gain a testimony. They have so much potential, but the daughter needs to increase her self-esteem. The gospel is where her self-esteem can really grow. I told her how she is a daughter of God and has so much potential. I hope she will start to read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony so she’ll have a desire to come back to church.

This gospel is true. I wish everyone would read the Book of Mormon and then get on their knees and pray to know if these things are true. If they did the Holy Ghost would confirm the truth to them that it is right. This church is the only place to find true happiness.

My companion and I are still in a finding mode, but it’s going good. I can’t believe I’ve already been her for a whole transfer. Only two more transfers and then I’ll be back at Temple Square. I really try to make the most of everyday here.

Keep me in your prayers. This work is hard, but it’s totally worth it! I love you both so much! You’re always in my prayers!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers