Monday, May 3, 2010

Susquehanna River


March 22, 2010

Mom and Dad,

This week has been really good. We got to take an investigator to the Washington D.C. Temple Visitor’s Center. That was interesting, but it was great to feel the Spirit again that is at the Visitor’s Centers. The sad part is the person we took isn’t super interested in learning more about the church.

After we got back my companion and I decided to contact outside of our apartment. It was a beautiful day, so lots of people were out. We met a couple of people who wanted to learn more, but both of them are out our area. One is actually from Puerto Rico. I really wish I knew Spanish.

This week we got a lot of referrals (on the Square we called them potentials) from people. It’s weird because most of the people who give us referrals aren’t member of the church. It almost seems like as members we are too selfish to share the gospel. I remember being like that when I was younger and before I really gained my own testimony.

The next day we worked just as hard and talked to so many people. We went to a park at a light house on the dock of the Susquehanna River. So many people were there because it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Nobody was super interested, but we passed out a few Book of Mormons and we had some really great conversations.

Here a lesson. When you teach two or more people a lesson, first say a prayer. So in two days we taught 11 lessons! The entire previous week we only had 14 lessons. We really worked hard that day.

Well preparation day is over in three minutes. So I gotta go. The work is going great. This Church is true. I love you so much.

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers