Monday, May 3, 2010

No Coincidences


April 5, 2010

Hey Mommy and Daddy,

How are things going? Everything is going good here! Didn't you just love conference!? It was so amazing, it always is. I took a ton of notes. I loved how so many talks were about the youth and the children. It confirmed my thoughts that I definitely need to major in some kind of child development/child care subject when I get home. I really felt like every talk given applied directly to me! Don't you love when that happens?

This week we have been teaching a man named Stu. He lives in our apartment complex and he is amazing! We tracked him out our first week and he is continuing to progress. He is a recovering alcoholic for the past 14 years! It is amazing how Heavenly Father has been preparing him. He has so much faith and continues to say "there are no coincidences and God wanted him to meet us for a reason." He came to the afternoon session of conference yesterday! He commented on one of the talks and seemed like he really enjoyed it. We have an appointment with him on Wednesday (which is also my birthday!) We are hoping to commit him to baptism that day! Wouldn't that be the most amazing birthday present!?

Today we are going fishing with a family in our ward! I am super excited! I will catch a big one for you and dad and take lots of pictures! Tomorrow is Zone Conference! I am excited for that too, because it is always a super spiritual high! This week has been full of those.

We are still in a finding mode and continually seeking those who are being prepared! My companion and I get along great and have a blast together. She is hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised if I lost weight just from laughing so much! We get the work done too! She gives me so much confidence to help me teach and open my mouth. She is never critical or anything, she always lifts me up. Whenever she gives me advice I can feel that it is out of love. She has been a member for almost 2 years! She is a powerhouse!

So a couple of funny things happened, yesterday. We were going inside the church and there was a sister from the Ward there who greeted us. Although, I have never even met her before, she was kind of blunt. My companion asked if she was a convert and the sister said yes. My companion told her that she was also a convert. Then this sister turned to me and stated, "You were born in the church weren't you?" I said yes, I was and then she said, "I can tell. Converts are way more laid back and down to earth." :O I could not believe she said that to me! She had never met me before! I was a little offended. Then not even 5 minutes later a very active member of the Ward came up to us and said hi. He greeted my companion (who has only been here for 2 weeks) and shook her hand. Then he shook my hand and asked, "Are you new?" I said no, I've been here for 6 weeks! I have seen him every week and met him before! Then as my companion and I were walking away I said to her "What is this, unimportant day!?" Hahahaha! Then later that night we were at dinner with the Ward Mission Leader. I ate the dinner, which was really good. Then they had dessert. I was pretty full so I asked for a very small piece. The piece he gave me was larger than I wanted or could fit into my stomach so I ate half of it. Later when they were giving us some Easter candy and oranges to take home the Mission Leader said "Now, Sister Garbett, I put a chocolate egg in here for both of you. You can cut it into pieces and eat a little bit of it every day so you don't get too full." Hahaha! It was a Cadbury crème egg, so it wasn't even big! I thought it was pretty funny being teased by the previous Stake President.

Well, this week has been good and lots of fun! I love you both so much! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers