Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thirty-four Doors!


June 14, 2010

Mom and Dad,

Hey! How's everything going? The mission is good. We've been doing a lot of knocking. The other day we knocked on 34 houses in a row. It was very hot and humid and then out of no where it started to down pour. The rain was definitely heaven sent, even though it messed up my hair. :~) We didn't have any luck, but I did meet a couple men from Mexico. They didn't speak English and of couse I don't speak Spanish, but somehow I managed to ask if the Spanish speaking missionaries could call on them. I actually said all that in broken Spanish. They said yes, but I'm not quite sure if they understood. We'll see what happens when the Elders call. I told the Elders if they baptized the two men they have to send me a picture to Temple Square.

I'm still doing great and I'm excited to go back to Temple Square. I only have nine more days here, so I kind of feel like I'm already at Temple Square, since I won't see any result of anyone I find, but I do have hight hopes for everyone I meet.

The church is true! I'm loving the work. I'm geting more and more tired by the day. I can't believe I'be been living the mission schedule for almost a year. I don't know how I'm still alive. :~)

I love you so much! Keep in touch, aka send me mail!

Love,

Sister Garbett

P.S.
Mommy, I have recently realized that I don't know anything about your conversion story. I would love for you to write it all out and send it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers