Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time Passes Too Fast!


May 31, 2010

Mom and Dad,

Hey! How's everything going? How was your Memorial Day weekend? Did you all go to the cabin?

We played soccer this moring (when I say "we" I mean everyone in our Zone except me). I don't play soccer. I'm really bad at the game and the Elders get super intense, so I just watch them play. After the game we went grocery shopping and washed our car. We then went to the Ward BBQ for about a half-hour and after that we went back to knocking on doors.

We've been doing a lot of knocking lately. We've found a lot of potential investigators, but none are progressing yet. We aren't having as much luck as I would like to see. Especially since we haven't had any invetigators to church these past couple of weeks. We only have two more Sundays before we can have a baptism before I leave to go back to Temple Square. So I won't be seeing a baptism on my mission. I guess I was only meant to be a finding missionary.

I'm kind of excited to go back to Temple Square. I can't believe my four-month, outbound assigment is almost up. It seriously feels like I just got here! When I arrived here in Maryland last March there was six feet of snow on the ground and it was freezing! Now everything is green and it's 95 degrees and super humid! Time just goes by way too fast. Did you know my one year mark is in three weeks? Can you believe it's been almost a whole year since you last saw me? It's so crazy!

We're working really hard out here in the mission. We aren't seeing as many results as I would like, but it's not my will. We are continually finding new people and trying to get them to progress. We have a couple of girls we will be teaching. They are the daughters of a recently activated member, but I'll be gone before the daughters move into the ward. But I did get to teach them one discussion. I believe they will definitely get baptized.

I love this ward and the members are great. They feed us well and they are so willing to assist in the work. When I get home I hope I can be as good to the Ward Missionarys as they have been to me. The church is true!

I love you! Thanks for the help and support and especially the prayers! You're always in mine!

Love,
Sister Garbett

1 comment:

  1. Aubs!! I miss you!! I cant wait for you to come home!! I loved serving with you! I love that we will be so close when u come home and I am so glad we got to know eachother better on the mish than we knew eachother before! U r amazing!! Even though I was your DL you taught me a lot! Ur amazing!... PS I love seeing pics when u wear clothes I gave ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers