Monday, October 4, 2010

I Love This Work!


September 30, 2010

Mom and Dad,

This week has been a lot of fun! My companion and I are having a wonderful time. There isn't a day that goes by that at least one or more persons ask if we are sisters. You can imagine how confusing that gets. We have to explain we are "sister missionaries" but we are not related. Seriously everyday! But it's ok. I think my companion is super cute, so if people think I look like her I must be super cute too!!! :)

This week I had my President interview. My mission president greeted me as I walked into his office. We shook hands and he asked me how I was doing. I smiled and told him I'm doing wonderful! I walked into his office and stood by the chair until he motioned for me to have a seat. Then he told me he was impressed with how well-mannered and lady-like I was. He said he wished all of the sisters were like me. He asked if I learned it from my mother. I told him I must have. I said although I have never been formally taught in manners I have seen my mother act that way. He told me that example is the best way to teach. He then shared the scripture John 5:19 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Veryly, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do; for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the son likewise." He told me that my mother lived that scripture and I learned from her. He continued to comment on how very polite and genteel I appeared. I agreed with him that I had a great example to learn from.

The work is going great. My trainee is really coming out of her shell. I feel very comfortable with her teaching our contacts. The other day I had to push her out of her shell to do the acoustic demonstration in the tabernacle, but she did it and she was great! She is a lot like me, so I know how to help her to grow. I am grateful for that. I know that Heavenly Father hears us and answers our prayers. I am always praying for you!

The other morning I had a difficult time waking up. I just kind of rolled out of bed and dropped onto my knees for morning prayer. As I was about to pray the thought came to me, “You only have ten more weeks left to do this.” I felt really sad. I love this work!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers