Sunday, January 3, 2010


December 22, 2009

Mom and Dad,

Hello, by the time you get this letter it will be after Christmas and I will have already talked to you. So, it was so good to talk to you!

Thanks so much for all of the Christmas presents! My tree looks so nice with all the present under it. I feel like I never left home because I still have a ton of presents on Christmas.

The Mission really is going better. It’s hard but that’s how Missions are supposed to be, right? I’m getting more sleep now and I think that’s helping me feel much better during the day. There’s still a lot of stress, but I think that sleeping at night is helping me cope better with all the stressors.

The work is going well. I’m still seeing success especially when I’m working in the Referral Center (RC), calling people and talking to them about the church. That’s one of my favorite things to do on the mission. It’s nice that I get to teach and I don’t have to worry about anyone judging me on how well I’m teaching.

Something that I’ve noticed lately is when I’m being myself I have so much more success on the mission compared to when others are telling me I need to be more like them. Lately, I really got all stressed out trying to be someone I’m not. I was starting to be afraid of just being me. Then I realized that’s how Satan really works. He uses others to create doubt in yourself and your abilities. I’m slowly learning how to stop caring about what people are saying and just do what works best for me and the work. That’s the hardest part, trusting in God and using the talents He has given me to bless the lives of others, regardless of what some critical person thinks or says.

So, I’m feeling better now and learning more as I read from the scriptures everyday. I’ve been reading the Old Testament because there are so many awesome stories in there. I particularly like to read before I go to bed and it seems to help me sleep better.

Well, this letter is going to be short, but I love you! I know this Church is true and I know there are people who need MY testimony. That’s why I am still here even when it’s hard. Thank you for your prayers. I love you so much!

Love,
Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers