Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Days Are Long But The Weeks are Short!



Aug 24, 2009

Mommy & Daddy,

How was your week. Mine has been really good. The days are so long, but the weeks are incredibly short.

Yesterday was one of the greatest days so far on my mission. I got to attend the Music & Spoken Word at the Conference Center. It was amazing. I get to go again next week because it is my companions last week in the mission field. But next week it will be in the Tabernacle. After that we had an Italian speaking tour and a French speaking tour and both families referred. Then we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. It was so good! It was such a spiritual experience. It made me want to go to the temple every week for the rest of my life. Then we had another Italian speaking tour with 13 people an four referred! It was such an amazing day! Oh, and on top of that, I saw my best-friend Kaysi! This week was so hard. But yesterday was good, it really was filled with many tender mercies from God.

The mission is going so great! Thanks so much for all the support you give me. I pray for you all the time. Oh, that was one thing that was super cool. During the Oquirrh Temple dedicatory prayer, they blessed all the missionaries and their families and while they were praying I felt the spirit so strong. I seriously felt like they were individually blessing me .

I love being a missionary. Although, sometime I get trunky for cute jeans and high heels, I know there is no better place for me to be right now than here on my mission. And I know that this mission is going to bless me and my posterity more than I can imagine. Not to mention all of the random people I meet from all over the world.

This church is so true I love this gospel so much. Thank you for raising me in a righteous environment where I was always able to feel the spirit. I love you so much keep me in the loop!

Love,
Sister Garbett
P.S.

Today was my 2 month mark!
Only 15 and a half months to go! Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers