Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Many Miracles


Hey Daddy!

How are you? The mission is going so good! I love my new companion! We get along great and we both work really hard! I have seen so many miracles so far this transfer.

We were contacting on the square and my companion thought we should go to the East gate. So we did. We were there just a couple of minutes and a couple walked by with bikes. They looked in the gate and asked if they could come in dressed in jeans. They were so cute! They saw so many people dressed up, so they wanted to make sure it was ok. We talked to them and they had a new baby and a toddler. They had a lot of questions. We answered them and talked to them for like 15 minutes. They were very curious about our beliefs. The man was Jewish (not practicing) and the wife was Catholic. They were very nice people and you could tell their family was very important to them. We offered to send them a DVD about families and to have missionaries deliver it to them and answer more of their questions. They were a little apprehensive, but you could tell they were interested. They said they did want the missionaries to come. So they filled out a referral card! They are so golden! I could definitely see them getting baptized and sealed together. Wouldn’t that be amazing!? Then their whole family would be together forever!

The gospel is so amazing! I love that I am able to take a year and a half out of my life to do this! I have learned so much already! I continue to grow everyday in so many different aspects. This really is the best thing I have ever done in my life! Thank you so much for being an example to me by serving a mission! Thank you for always being a worthy Priesthood holder to show me that there are still good people in this world with the power of God.

I love this church so much! I know it really is the exact church that Jesus Christ established while he was on this Earth! I love you! I am so happy that we can be together as a family forever! Thank you for all of your support!

Love,

Sister Garbett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers